Wednesday, 7 September 2016

My Salted Caramel Slice Recipe (Vegan)




Ever since I was little I have been obsessed with anything to do with 'millionaires shortbread'. Now that I have a plant-based diet, these type of treats are harder to find to buy, so I decided to try and create my own! A local vegan cafe has one similar to this which I have had there many times, so I felt that I knew the taste well enough to try and recreate it! Here is my recipe:



Base
2 cups oats 
Agave syrup or maple syrup (add enough so it sticks together)

Pulse these 2 ingredients in a food processor until all stuck together, and then press in to the bottom of a lined tin (I used a 20x20 inch) and place in the freezer to set for around 20 mins, or until firm.

Caramel Layer:
2cups medjool dates (soaked for 10 mins in warm water)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Blend all ingredients together until smooth, and layer on top of the base. Then put it back in the freezer for another 20 wish mins to set.

Chocolate layer:
3/4 cup coconut oil 
6-8 tbsp maple syrup 
3/4 cup cacao powder

Put the ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat until it is all melted together. Then pour over the other layers and place back in the freezer for a final 20 minutes.

When set, remove from the freezer and cut in to slices (makes about 9 big squares) and store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.



I would love to know if you try this recipe, so please comment/ send me pictures if you give this a go!





xx


11 comments:

  1. love this recipe, cant wait to try it out x

    www.sonias-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh let me know what you think lovely! x

      Delete
  2. This recipe actually looks amazing! I'm not vegan but I'm definitely going to make these! x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yay, I hope you like them! I'd love to know what you think x

      Delete
  3. looks delicious!
    sundaysaresunny.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh they looks so super yummy. i really want to make them myself.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should! I promise you won't regret it, haha x

      Delete
  6. Mmm, these look so delicious, I love salted caramel!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe