Sunday, 25 September 2016

Ginger & Cashew Energy Balls (Deliciously Ella Recipe)


Energy balls are something that you will almost always see a box of in my fridge because they are the perfect quick and dense snack for on the go! I love them with a cup of tea as a pick-me-up but I also pop them in my lunch box and take some with me for a snack at school.

This particular I was really excited to try because 1) It is only made from 4 ingredients! and 2) I had tried one of Deliciously Ella's new energy balls that I picked up from Wholefoods recently, and I loved it so much that I just had to recreate it!




Ella recently posted the recipe as a Youtube video too which you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAnKFQ5SUWA

But the recipe is:

200g Cashews
200g Medjool Dates (soak them for best results)
50g Oats
2 tsp Ground Ginger



My batch made 10 really good size energy balls which I have stored in the fridge in a sealed container and they keep fresh for up to 2 weeks.

I adore the kick of ginger that comes through because it brings memories back of eating my family's favourite ginger cake recipe when I was little and I just love ginger in general. It would be interesting to try this out with other spices such a cinnamon or nutmeg for a more subtle flavour, so if you don't like ginger then you could always try one of those instead!



Let me know if you try out these! And, what are your favourite flavour combos for energy balls?- I'd love some new ideas to try out!





xx

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful :) I have never tried energy balls before, maybe I will now!

    www.ashwinnie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm these look lovely! I wanna try :)

    Lauren Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, they look delicious!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe