Sunday, 28 August 2016

Your Results Do Not Define You.



So, it's been a few days now since i got my GCSE Results on Thursday 25th August 2016. I can't believe i'm saying that, I mean not that GCSE's are the be all and end all, but I feel like I have spent all of my school life until now building up to these exams. And now, they are over.

I have to say that I am incredibly pleased with my results, pleasantly surprised even. But I do not think that I should be ashamed to be happy about my results. Comparison is the worst. So, please do not ever compare your results to anyone else: you are your own person on your own journey.

I feel that the main thing is if you have worked your hardest at something then you should be proud of your results regardless. And, if your results don't turn out the way you would have hoped then it is just a sign to lead you down a different path in life: embrace it rather than dwell on it! After all, you can't change the past now, and so many people have a successful with little or no qualifications.

In summary, results are definitely not the end of the world. Whatever you achieve just shapes your character, how you cope and what you do with the qualifications you do have is much more important. I hope anyone reading this who has received their GCSE or A Level results recently is feeling positive and happy. You deserve it after this hard work, so hold your head high; YOU ARE AMAZING.





-Monochrome Roses x

6 comments:

  1. Such an important post! I believe that it's important to work hard for exams because we can't deny it... the results will help to shape our future, but you have to remember that the main goal in life is just to be happy!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes definitely, I couldn't have put it better myself x

      Delete
    2. I nominated you for the Liebster award!
      xXx

      Delete
  2. This is so important! This is exactly how I felt when I got my IB Results two years ago (the equivalent of A-levels). I was also incredibly pleased with my results but there were some who got really down about it ... <3 p.s. just found your blog and love it!

    www.diaryofanexpatgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a lovely comment <3 x

      Delete

Subscribe