Sunday, 31 July 2016

My Banana Cinnamon Breakfast Shake




Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. By far.
This recipe is one that I have been making for a few years now and I love it because it is sweet and creamy but also very healthy, so a perfect way to start my day.





This is what I use to make it:

♢ 2 ripe bananas
♢ 2tsp cinnamon (I like a lot of cinnamon!)
♢ 1tsp maca powder (got to get the superfoods in!)
♢ 2 medjool dates (for the caramel flavour...mmm!)
♢ Soya milk or any milk of your choice 


Then just put all of the ingredients in a blender and fill it with your milk until it almost covers the bananas, blend and enjoy! I prefer my shake on the thicker side so I always add less milk to start with because you can always add more!

You can definitely add your own twist to this recipe- I love sprinkling extra cinnamon on top, but adding cacao or a nut butter to the mix would be delicious too! Or even using frozen bananas instead to create more of a nice-cream is amazing.

It is a similar, but improved,  recipe of my Banana breakfast Bowl recipe that I posted just over a year ago!


Normally smoothies alone don't really keep me full for very long, but this recipe is packed with so much goodness that will keep you fuller for longer. As I am typing this post I have a big jar of this shake beside me with a cup of tea and some fresh mango, sounds like the perfect, satisfying breakfast to me!




Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it?




xx



2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo good! Have you ever tried the two ingredient pancakes for breakfast? (1 mashed banana and an egg), they're YUM (especially with nutella) and really quick to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fab! And I'm plant-based so I've tried many similar recipes, I love banana pancakes!! x

      Delete

Subscribe