Sunday, 19 June 2016

The Chia Pudding Post.



I am always one for trying out new breakfasts, and the hype over chia puddings really caught my eye recently.  So, I looked at a few recipes for inspiration and created a beautifully creamy chia pudding that is quick, easy and perfect for on-the-go!



You will need:

250 ml milk (I used soya milk)
1 tbsp sweetener (I used agave syrup)
4-5 heaped tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp yoghurt (I used vanilla coconut yoghurt)






Put all of the ingredients in a jar or a bowl (and cover with clingfilm), stir them all together and leave in the fridge over night- what could be simpler?!

Then all you have to do in the morning is take it out, add yummy toppings if you want (I used banana, raspberries, raisins and cinnamon!), and ENJOY!

These can be stored in the fridge for up to five days, so you could even make them in batches. And, they are really filling and even perfect for a snack too. You can layer this recipe in a separate jar with fruit and granola etc, for a parfait-style breakfast, which would also be delicious.

I can't wait to experiment more with different flavour combinations too: adding cacao, banana or nut butters too the mix sounds amazing to me.




Let me know if you try out this recipe, and what you think!
Have you ever tried chia pudding before?



xx

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm! This looks really good!! I think I might have to try it out! x

    Victoria | http://www.victoriaahelenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should! let me know what you think :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! I’ve always been put off by chia puddings because of the texture but you just made it look so delicious haha. I think I’ll have to give it a go!

    Hannah xx
    lifeissweet.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is a weird texture to get used to, but I love it now! x

      Delete
  3. Chia pudding has been a breakfast staple for me for a long time! My family thinks it looks like frogspawn whenever I make it haha but It's just delicious and super food for you too! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes it's SO YUM isn't it?! Haha my family thought that too actually! X

      Delete
  4. I'm usually pretty attached to my good 'ol bircher muesli but I've been hearing about chia puddings for such a long time now that I should probably actually try one before I just assume I won't like it.

    Love the toppings you used here too, those are the exact ones I'd go for as well (the raisins and banana especially!).

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yes I definitely recommend trying it out and seeing what you think <3 and that's so cool- they are my go-to toppings for any breakfast really :) x

      Delete
  5. Your chia pudding looks so delicious. I really love the pop of color from the fruit. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your lovely comment <3 x

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing! I'll have to try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe