Sunday, 10 January 2016

My Favourite Day Of 2015







As it has now been just over a week in to 2016, I thought that I would quickly reflect on a moment from last year. As much as I believe it is important to focus on the present, reminding yourself of positive memories from the past is equally important. In all honestly, 2015 was not an easy year for me. It was a year that saw my anxiety spiralling out of control on many occasions. But that also made me appreciate really good days even more.

Recently, at the end of December, my mum took me and my sisters with some friends to The Natural History Museum Ice Rink and I have to say it was one of my absolute favourite moments of 2015. Despite having to take the tube, which is one of my least favourite things, it was worth it in the end because it was such an amazing day. In the end I took about 200 photos...oops! But I wanted to treasure the moment forever.

I love it so much because I felt so positive, happy and free. Also, the fairy lights and festive decorations made it such a magical experience. And finally, I found that I really bonded with my little sister as I taught her how to ice skate, and we shared many laughs together.

This is why this wintery day was one of my highlights of 2015.


What are your favourite memories of 2015?



xx

34 comments:

  1. I went there once before to ice skate and I loved it! I really wanted to go again this year but never got round to it, it's so pretty there. I love your pictures :)x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yes it is so amazing there! Thank you lovely :) x

      Delete
  2. It looks like such a beautiful relaxing magical place! I'd love to go there one day

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I'm sure you would love it! X

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pics!
    -Morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a lovely place! I would love to go skating there, glad you had a good time! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such an amazing experience, you should definitely try and go one time! X

      Delete
  5. Looks like so much fun! Now I really need to convince my bf to finally take a break and ice skate with me:)
    www.MarinaSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it was! ooh hopefully he will agree ;) x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! Looks like you had so much fun!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your photography! Great post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos and great blog :)

    http://combo-monster.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we ignore the tube (who DOES like using it??), sounds like the most perfect day ever - there's just something about spending time with the people you love getting cosy while it's cold out. x Rebecca - itscohen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! And exactly- the tube is horrible :( x

      Delete
  10. This is such a cute blog post, I can't think of one single day which was my favourite memory but some of my favourites were celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my bf and visiting my best friends in Madrid! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those memories sound amazing!! thank you for your lovely comment <3 x

      Delete
  11. Sounds and looks like a lovely day! xx Amber

    http://fashionemble.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it looks so pretty! thanks for sharing this is super fun to read<3 Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's so sweet-thank you! I will check out your blog now :) x

      Delete
  13. Looks like you had such a beautiful day. xS
    http://www.sofiaclara.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you had so much fun, something I would love to do at Christmas
    casualyetchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO fun! You should definitely try and go if you get the chance x

      Delete
  15. I had a lot of great memories in 2015, and also a lot of work and stress too so I'm glad 2015 is out the door. I'm excited for all of the opportunities coming in 2016 and to keep moving forward. I'm also weirdly OCD and love that it's an even year, who am I? Haha! xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why this was one of your favourite days, it looks really magical with all of the lights and the festive decorations. Things like this always put me in the best of moods :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe