Sunday, 1 November 2015

✦HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LOAF✦

Happy Halloween for yesterday!

I hope you had an amazing time whatever you had planned! For me, I'm not a huge Halloween fan, so instead I stayed in and baked something delicious instead. BUT it was pumpkin spice flavour...so that counts right?!



I based the recipe on The Pumpkin Loaf from TheSimpleVeganista but I made a few alterations to suit my taste and the ingredients I had.                                                                                          
Here is exactly what I used:


·         2 cups wholemeal flour
·         1/3 cup dates (pitted and chopped)
·         2 teaspoons baking powder
·         1/2 teaspoon baking soda
·         2 teaspoons mixed spice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
·         pinch of mineral salt
·         1- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
·         1/3 cup maple syrup 
·         1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
·          1 can 100% pumpkin purée 



What to do:

Preheat your oven to 180°C
In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. In a small bowl, combine oil, dates, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture along with the pumpkin purée and mix well. Don’t over mix but be sure there is no flour clumps. Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once done, remove from oven, let cool slightly before serving and enjoy! Let cool completely before storing.



What did you do for Halloween?


If you try out this recipe, let me know how it goes in the comments!




xx






8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! :D

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:


    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *


    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mm it was! I will check it out right now :) x

      Delete
  2. Pumpkin spice loaf sounds amazing, definitely going to have to give it a try!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to try this! It looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah wow it looks so yum! Definitely wont let the fact its not halloween any more stop me from trying this haha!
    http://yasminanicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course not! It's delicious any time :) x

      Delete

Subscribe