Sunday, 30 August 2015

Be Kind To Yourself #1 | Healthy Energy Ball Recipe

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a lovely day so far ❀ today's post is going to be another recipe style post for all of you foodies (like myself), hope you enjoy...


Recently, I have been (attempting to be) more healthy especially when it comes to food! I am a sucker to any kind of baking or creating recipes to make the whole process much more fun. Also by making your own treats, you know exactly what is going in to them so you can tailor them to your taste and can control how healthy they are!

One of my favourite on-the-go treats has been these Peanut Date Energy Balls! I have seen these style snacks all over Pinterest etc, so I had to see what all of the hype was about...

This recipe was inspired by various recipes I tried and tested, but with my own little twist. A couple of these on-the-go or with a big cup of tea, are the perfect pick-me-up but also a healthy, indulgent treat with ingredients packed with amazing health benefits :)


Ingredients:

✽ 6 medjool dates (pitted)
✽ 6 brazil nuts (crushed into small pieces)
✽ small handful of dried cranberries
✽ 2 tbsps peanut butter (I love crunchy but it's all personal preference!)


1. Start by soaking your dates in warm water for a few minutes, whilst you get out all of the other ingredients (I find this really helps soften the dates which is kinder to your blender!)

2. I use a nutribullet, but any blender or food processor would work! Blend together the dates and peanut butter until combined.

3. Put the peanut-date mixture into a small bowl and add your crushed brazil nuts and cranberries, and stir!

4. Using your hands, roll the mixture in to small, bite-sized balls. I find this recipe usually makes about 8.

5. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and ENJOY.


This recipe is obviously just a guide line of my personal preferences so feel free to experiment and switch up ingredients such as swapping peanut butter for almond butter if you prefer.



Let me know if you try these out and what you think of these style snacks!



xx




8 comments:

  1. I've seen these on pinterest too but never really looked into how to make them because I thought they would be so much more complicated but they look quite easy. I love peanut butter too, I'm definitely going to try this! Also have you ever made banana ice cream/nice cream? If you have do you use the nutribullet for that as well?x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are much easier than I thought too! And aw yay let me know how you get on :) Yes I have made banana nice cream in my nutribullet and it is so nice and easy too! <3 x

      Delete
  2. These sound amazing! It's something I'll have to try as I'm trying to be healthy too!

    frunkkawaii.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yum, this looks amazing!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super scrummy and delicious but I bet it's totally healthy :) Bobo xoxo

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe