Sunday, 14 June 2015

CALM.


Life is stressful. It's a fact. 

No matter who you are or what you do we all need to relax from time to time. As I am a student, I find that the majority of my time is devoted to school work so recently I have tried to take a little extra time to do a few things that truly make me happy and relaxed.

Here is my list of 10:

1. Have a bath- spend some time just laying back in a nice bubble bath, completely chilling out.
2. Get a cup of tea/coffee- for me, a warm drink is one of the most comforting things.
3. Paint your nails- it's therapeutic I swear.
4. Draw and doodle-just let your mind wander free,doing something you truly enjoy.
5. Sit outside in the sunshine- is it just me or does the sun automatically make me so much more happy and relaxed?!
6. Do some Yoga- there are tonnes of YouTube tutorials etc so give yoga a try, it is so relaxing and life changing I promise.
7. Practice Mindfulness -(I have a mindfulness book and a colouring book too) it's all about appreciating the moment.
8. Light a candle- create a calm atmosphere wherever you are.
9. Read- whatever you enjoy reading, take a few minutes out of your day to have a break and read.
10. Make a playlist- of your favourite songs or even spa music.


The largest picture above is of a book I have recently bought, it is called 
Calm: Calm the mind. Change the world by Micheal Acton Smith. I got it from Amazon a week or so ago and it has honestly really helped me with my anxiety etc. It is a book crammed full of activities and prompts to help you focus and relax. It is visually so beautiful and contains so many amazing, eye-opening ideas! 
This is some of what it says in the descripition:
Calm is divided into eight sections that everyone should have in their life:
· Nature
· Work
· Creativity
· Children
· Travel
· Relationships
· Food
· Sleep
Each section contains a mixture of fascinating research, creative prompts, activities and instructions, sensory stimuli and inspiration. Pick up Calm whenever you need it, dip in and out, read it and choose which bits work best for you.
I am SO pleased with this book that I just had to rave about it in this post! I completely recommend checking it out.


What 10 things do you like to do to relax?


xx

6 comments:

  1. Life is very stressful but I think it's the little things in life that makes it so much better. I love your list, and I do some of them too! I usually have a cup of tea and read a good book when I feel stressed, but lately...I've just been working. I don't know, work devoids me of stress for some reason. Weird, huh?

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks! and ahh yeah i guess its a distraction haha x

      Delete
  2. great post..thank u on advise xo

    www.thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realised that I also have that Little Book of Mindfulness haha. Love it !

    – Daniel
    dannyphamphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe