Sunday, 7 June 2015

Breakfast Banana Bowl

I have recently become much more creative with my breakfasts as it is my favourite meal of the day and there are so many new recipes floating about on blogs and social media recently that look too delicious not to try! I am also the kind of person who loves food to look pretty so I tried to make this recipe look as delicious as it tastes!


You've heard of smoothie bowls right? I have seen many recipes and photos so I wanted to create one of my own...
One of my favourite smoothies that I have regularly consists of simply bananas, dates and soya milk so I wanted to try and use these flavours for the base of my smoothie bowl. This is how it turned out:


Ingredients:

BASE

- 1 large banana
- 4 medjool dates (pitted)
- soya milk (or a milk alternative)

Put all of these ingredients into a blender and blend, adding the amount of milk needed to make a thick, creamy, smoothie texture.

Then go crazy with toppings...

I used:

-dessicated coconut 
- coconut chunks
- dates
- banana 
-blackberries
- cinnamon

optional other toppings: granola, honey, other berries etc...Be CREATIVE!


I also had it with a delicious chai latte! yumm...



I really hope you like this slightly different post- let me know your thoughts in the comments!



What is your favourite breakfast?


xx


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. aw thankyou! let me know if you try it! x

      Delete
  2. Yum! Cute photos too! I love the cacti and the heart shaped bowl.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the yummy recipe..
    http://www.trendin.com/party-wear-shirts_6461

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I really love the heart shaped bowl too it's so cute! http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - this looks delicious. I always thought breakfast was so boring until i saw this!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou <3 yes its so much more fun this way! xx

      Delete
  6. Looks like a good breakfast! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That banana bowl looks suuper delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe